Aside from the fact getting a massage just feels really good there are actually some suppressing pretty surprising health benefits.
1. Massage reduces muscle tension and can help to reduce stress.
2. Massage helps to stimulate the circulation of lymph fluid throughout the body which has a cleansing effect.
3. Many people find that massage is great at helping to reduce pain from things like fibromyalgia, arthritis and migraines.
4. Helps to circulate fresh oxygen into your blood.
5. Massage helps to maintain and improve flexibility of the joints.
6. Massage improves your immune systems function making you more resistant to disease.
7. Helps to reduce and alleviate muscle spasms and cramping.
8. Helps to promote deeper breathing.
9. Improves the health of your skin by stimulating blood flow.
10. Massage also has an powerful calming effect on most people and fosters a relaxed peaceful state of mind.
The ideal form of massage is one given by a trained practitioner but this is not always practical and form many of us the cost is prohibitive. A much more economical way to reap the many benefits of massage is by owning a personal massager like the thumper mini pro which allows you to enjoy a deep relaxing professional quality massage anytime you need it.
Posted under Exercise Equipment, massager, thumper
This post was written by David White on November 9, 2008